It’s time to get rid of that old refrigerator sitting in your garage, the 10-year-old cell phone taking up space in your junk drawer, that box filled with clothes you haven’t worn since high school, and that push mower that just won’t work anymore.
You can get rid of items like these and more on Saturday in Johns Creek.
From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., residents of Johns Creek are encouraged to participate in “Bulky Items Recycling Day” at Alcon Laboratories in Technology Park. Items such as furniture, appliances, gardening equipment, clothes and electronics will be accepted.
The event — for Johns Creek residents only — is hosted by the City of Johns Creek and “Keep Johns Creek Beautiful” at 11460 Johns Creek Parkway. Those dropping things off should expect delays and are advised to arrive well before 1 p.m. Reusable items, like good clothes and working appliances, will be donated to charity.
The following items will be accepted for recycling or reuse:
- Appliances: refrigerators, washers, dryers
- Electronics: cell phones, computers and accessories, televisions
- Metal items: bicycles, grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, lawn mowers
- Home medical equipment: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes and lights
- Cooking fats, oils and grease
The following items — in good reusable condition only — will be collected by American Kidney Services:
- Men’s, women’s and children’s clothing
- Working electronics like televisions, CD and DVD players
- Cookware and serving utensils, silverware and glassware
- Small appliances
- Decorative items
- Drapes and linens
- Small furniture
- Books and toys
The following items will not be accepted. Do not bring them.
- Furniture that is torn, stained, broken or structurally unsound, mattresses, box springs
- Office furniture, pianos, game tables, large entertainment centers
- Carpet, rugs, exercise equipment, waterbeds
- Playpens, strollers, car seats
- Paint or household hazardous waste, motor oil and anti-freeze
- Construction and demolition materials, yard debris, household trash
For more information, call 770-551-7766, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit Keep Johns Creek Beautiful at www.knfb.org.
MORE JOHNS CREEK NEWS...