The Department of Juvenile Justice is recruiting juvenile correctional officers in metro Atlanta.
The agency offers annual salaries starting at $27,936 with a salary increase at six months, then another salary increase with promotion at one year, a press release said. The DJJ also offers “comprehensive employee health and benefit packages for JCO positions plus incentives for military service."
Candidates who need corrections training may apply, as the department runs a “rigorous training program.”
Applicants must pass a background check and dress professionally; current law enforcement or military personnel may come in uniform.
On-site interviews for employment at the Atlanta Youth Development Campus in College Park will be held Oct. 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The job fair location is Clayton County Department of Labor, 1630 Phoenix Blvd, College Park. Call 404-635-4422 for more information.
Schedule changes may occur. To see updates, click here.
Applicants must bring copies of the following documents:
- Compass scores (Reading: 70 Writing: 32); Accuplacer (Reading: 55 Writing: 60 Numerical: 34); and SAT ccores (Verbal: 430, Math: 400) or ACT Scores (Verbal: 18 Math: 16). Applicants with a 4-year degree from an accredited college are exempt from taking the Compass test or providing proof of acceptable ACT or SAT scores.
- Valid driver's license
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED
- DD214 Long Form with discharge indicated
- Naturalization forms if non-U.S. citizen
- If P.O.S.T. Certified, bring two forms of government-issued ID and P.O.S.T. Profile
In other news:
About the Author