They’re calling it the “Fourth District Day of Resistance,” a reference to Johnson’s district, which also includes parts of Gwinnett County.
“Joined by faith leaders, environmentalists, seniors, students and immigration reform supporters among others, Johnson and Terry will gather to support Bernie Sanders’ nationwide call to oppose the Republican budget,” Johnson’s news release said.
He derides the budget for “throwing 30 million people off of health care” by taking aim at the Affordable Care Act.
The community center is at 3701 College Ave.
For the interested, the full guest list is:
- Congressman Hank Johnson (GA-04)
- Clarkston Mayor Ted Terry
- State Sen. Vincent Fort (keynote speaker and Atlanta mayoral candidate)
- Georgia Political Director for the Bernie Sanders' campaign Daniel Blackman
- Planned Parenthood's Staci Cox
- Georgians for a Healthy Future Laura Colbert
- State Rep. Karla Drenner
- GALEO Executive Director Jerry Gonzalez
- Georgia NAACP President Francys Johnson
- President Atlanta North Labor Union Dewey McClain
- 6th District Congressional Candidate Jon Ossoff
- Nationally Syndicated Radio Personality Rashad Richey of V-103 & WAOK
- DeKalb CEO Mike Thurmond
- President of the Georgia Federation of Teachers Verdallia Turner
- Imam SH Salam Wazir
- Members of the AARP, ACLU, GALEO, NAACP, Sierra Club and more
Like DeKalb County News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter and Instagram