The city has made improvements to Main Street, Cherokee Street, Dallas Street, Academy Street, Carnes Street, Senator Russell Avenue, Southside, School Street and Taylor Street.
Also, the city has built five new public parking lots in the downtown; and all of the railroad crossings have been converted into silent crossings.
In 2016, the city opened the expanded Logan Farm Park on Cherokee Street with walking trails, open green space, a picnic shelter and a huge playground.
Since September 2017, the city has continued with the next phase of the downtown redevelopment with:
- the realignment of Lemon Street,
- a new left-turn lane on Main Street at Lemon,
- this pedestrian overpass over the railroad tracks,
- construction of a new public parking lot,
- conversion of the small public parking lot at Main and Lemon into a park with a replica train depot/history center,
- renovation of a historic house into an Arts Center and
- construction of the new Community Center that opened in April.
Information: 770-974-3112, acworth.org