Welcome to "Actual Factual," a regular column in which I, Becca Godwin, answer reader questions about goings-on in north Fulton. Here's one I did recently about what’s going by that castle on Arnold Mill.
Now that you're familiar, you'll find information for submitting your own questions at the bottom of this column.
- Reader Brenda asks: What is being built on highway 92 near the super Target in Roswell???
- Reader Terri asks: What kind of development is going in on the north side of Crossville Road just before the major intersection at Hardscrabble Road? It looks large & there's already so much traffic along there.
- Reader Vince asks: What is going in the new building being constructed on the east side of the lake at Hwy 92 and Hardscrabble? It appears to be a commercial building.
- Reader Debbie asks: What are they building on 92 at Hardscrapple (sic) in Roswell?
- Reader Paul asks: What is being built at the junction of Hardscrabble Road and Hwy 92 on Hwy 92?
All these questions appear to be about the same thing, so allow me to appease the masses!
The giant building that’s going up is ... another LA Fitness.
It’s been in the works for a while.
A Roswell Design Review Board application from October 2015 proposed the gym as a single level, 37,000-square-foot facility with a pool, locker rooms, aerobics room and more at 1045 Woodstock Road.
It listed the owner as Paul Ludwig, who is vice president of development for Coro Realty. However, according to an email from Ludwig, “we actually sold the property last year to LA Fitness for their building.”
LA Fitness did not answer a question about the gym coming to Roswell.
A Roswell spokeswoman did confirm the gym’s eventual arrival.
And, well, there’s not much more to say about it at this juncture.
Next question, please.
MORE FROM ACTUAL FACTUAL N. FULTON:
- What’s going by that castle on Arnold Mill?
- Will Johns Creek get its own ZIP code?
- What’s up at the old Harry’s Farmers Market?
- What’s going in the old Sports Authority?
- What’s being built near Johns Creek City Hall?
- Why did two Sonics abruptly close recently?
- Are Johns Creek billboards spying on us?
- What’s up with roundabouts in Johns Creek?
- What’s going up next to Roswell’s Sky Zone?
- Why is Hembree and Crabapple a mess?
I, Becca Godwin, am a staff writer with the AJC and a lover of metro Atlanta. To submit “Actual Factual” questions, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, @BeccaJGGodwin on Twitter or via the form below. Please include which city your inquiry regards. Thanks.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.