If you’re looking for a fun, budget-friendly city to spend your Valentine’s Day, Atlanta’s a great place to be.
In fact, the metro was recently recognized as one of the top cities in the country to celebrate the romantic holiday by personal finance site WalletHub.
To determine the top cities, WalletHub analysts compared the 100 most populated cities in the nation across four key dimensions: budget, activities, gift accessibility and weather forecast.
Those four dimensions were evaluated based on 23 relevant metrics, such as average movie ticket prices, restaurants per capita, forecasted precipitation for Valentine’s Day and more.
Of the top 100 most populated cities in the U.S., San Francisco earned top honors for best places to spend Valentine’s Day.
Atlanta ranked No. 18 on the list.
- Overall rank: 18
- Budget: 65
- Activities: 12
- Gift accessibility: 9
- Weather forecast: 100
Though Atlanta ranks dead last in weather, don’t let that stop you from enjoying the day and eating your heart out. Consider making a reservation (if you still can) at Atlas, Cibo e Beve or one of these eight other Atlanta restaurants.
- San Francisco
- San Diego
- Las Vegas
- Orlando, Florida
- New York
- Portland, Oregon
- Los Angeles
- Austin, Texas
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Washington, D.C.
- San Antonio
- San Jose, California
More Valentine’s Day in Atlanta coverage:
- 5 places to eat cheap on Valentine’s Day in metro Atlanta
- 9 Atlanta restaurants offering classic Valentine’s Day romance
- 6 drinks that are pretty in pink (and red) and perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Buy This: 3 treats for your Valentine/Galentine’s Day
- 9 ways Atlanta singles can embrace (and actually enjoy) Valentine’s Day
- 15 ways to celebrate Valentine's Day in Atlanta
- 7 unique Valentine's gift ideas for him that say 'I love you'