As of 5:40 a.m., here is a sampling of the pavement temperatures around metro Atlanta, according to GDOT road sensors:
- I-20 at Panola Road had a pavement temperature of 37 degrees.
- I-75 at South Marietta Parkway/Ga. 120 was at 33.6 degrees.
- I-75/I-85 Downtown Connector at 10th Street was at 36 degrees.
- I-85 at Jimmy Carter Boulevard was at 35 degrees.
- I-85 at Ga. 74/Senoia Rd. was at 35 degrees.
Staff writer Andria Simmons compiled this report.
Additional coverage: Icing knocks out power to thousands, threatens Tuesday morning commute