MARTA issued the following statement:
Based on current and anticipated weather conditions, MARTA will make the following changes to its bus, rail and Mobility service.
BUS: Beginning at 6 p.m. till 11 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 25, bus service routes will be based on a Saturday schedule, weather conditions permitting. Customers whose bus routes do not normally run on Saturday should adjust their travel plans to ensure they arrive at their destinations safely. In addition, customers can go online to http://bit.ly/1Cz9GY2, click on their bus route, choose the Saturday schedule and plan their trips accordingly.
The specific routes that do not operate on Saturdays are:
- Route 24 – East Lake/Hosea Williams Drive
- Route 143 – Windward Park & Ride
- Route 221 – Stone Mountain/Central Drive Limited--(this route is covered by Route 121)
If conditions worsen after 11 p.m., MARTA plans to only run lifeline routes to hospitals, medical facilities and dialysis treatment centers for the following:
- Route 6 – Emory
- Route 19 – Clairmont Road
- Route 21 – Memorial Drive
- Route 78 – Cleveland Avenue
- Route 99 – Boulevard/Monroe Drive
- Route 110 – Peachtree Street
- Route 111 – Snapfinger Woods Drive/Stonecrest
- Route 123 – North DeKalb Mall/Belvedere
- Route 148 – Medical Center/Riveredge Parkway
- Route 155 – Windsor Street/Lakewood Avenue
- Route 185 – Alpharetta/Holcomb Bridge Road
RAIL: MARTA rail service will continue to operate on a regular schedule; however, all customers requiring rail service must be in any station by 1 a.m.
MOBILITY: Para-transit service will terminate at 11 p.m . Customers should call 404.848.5000 and check www.itsmarta.com for additional service information about their trips.
In addition to checking www.itsmarta.com for weather-related updates, customers should download MARTA’s free, “On The Go” app from iTunes or Google Play to track bus and rail arrivals and departures in real-time. Customers can also check MARTA’s Facebook page and @MARTAAlerts on Twitter.
MARTA asks customers to dress warmly in the event of unexpected delays, and to
exercise patience. For additional information, please call Customer Service at 404.848.5000 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays.
Additional coverage: Metro Atlanta under winter storm warning as snow falls