Icy patches were reported early Wednesday on several surface streets in Cobb and Cherokee counties as moisture left over from Tuesday morning's snowfall and from overnight fog froze.
Trouble spots reported by the WSB 24-hour Traffic Center at 8 a.m.:
- Canton Road at Sandy Plains Road
- Barrett Parkway west of I-75
- Johnson Ferry Road near the Chattahoochee River
- North Marietta Parkway between Cobb Parkway and I-75
- Sixes Road between I-575 and Bells Ferry Road
- Mill Creek Road and East Cherokee Drive
- Bells Ferry Road near Ga. 92
- Ga. 92 at Wiley Bridge Road
Metro Atlantans were bracing Wednesday morning for an afternoon winter storm that forecasters said could deliver dump several inches of snow across parts of the area. A winter storm warning goes into effect at 10 a.m. for 50 Georgia counties. Full story.