Five No. 1 seeds have clinched. Three – Regions 2, 3 and 4 -- will be decided during the final week of the regular season.
Here's the breakdown after Friday's games:
Region 1: Crisp County clinched its fourth consecutive region title with a 35-7 victory against Cook. The Cougars will enter the top-right of the bracket and seems to have a good road to at least the quarterfinals.
Region 2: No. 3 Pierce County defeated No. 5 Appling County 23-14, but it will have to wait for a region championship game next week against Liberty County. If Pierce loses to Liberty, both programs will be 4-1 in 2-AAA, and unranked Liberty would be the champion by a head-to-head tiebreaker.
Region 3: No. 9 Jenkins and Benedictine are 7-0 and facing a region title showdown next week. Both teams enjoyed a bye week this week.
Region 4: Peach County and Westside-Macon will play Friday in what could be a title game. If Peach wins, it’s the champion. Peach moved to 5-0 after Friday's 49-14 victory against Jackson, and Westside-Macon reached 4-1 after beating Pike County 42-14. If Westside wins and Jackson defeats Rutland next week, the three teams will have 5-1 records and move to a tiebreaker.
Region 5: Cedar Grove won the title for the third consecutive season. Lovett and Westminster will play Friday for the No. 2 seed, and its looks as if Pace will grab the No. 3 seed.
Region 6: For the first time since 2001, Calhoun isn’t the region champion after North Murray clinched the title Friday with a 31-0 victory against Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe. Calhoun likely will be the No. 2 seed.
Region 7: No. 4 Greater Atlanta Christian clinched last week and did not play Friday. Dawson and North Hall are tied at 4-1, and Fannin County trails at 3-2.
Region 8: No. 8 Jefferson is the champion. Morgan County is 4-1. Hart and Monroe Area are tied at 3-2 and fighting for the No. 3/4 seeds.
Class AAA top 10 results
1. Peach County (8-1, 5-0) beat Jackson 49-14 in Region 4.
2. Cedar Grove (7-2, 5-0) was off. Closes regular season vs. Stone Mountain next week in Region 5.
3. Pierce County (9-0, 4-0) beat No. 5 Appling County 23-14 in Region 2.
4. Greater Atlanta Christian (8-1, 5-0) was off. Closes regular season at Fannin County next week in Region 7.
5. Appling County (8-1, 4-0) lost 23-14 at No. 3 Pierce County in Region 2.
6. Crisp County (7-3, 3-0) beat Cook 35-7 in Region 1.
7. Lovett (7-2, 4-1) beat Redan 48-20 in a Region 5.
8. Jefferson (8-1, 6-0) beat Jackson County 55-0 in a Region 8.
9. Jenkins (8-1, 7-0) was off. Closes regular season vs. Benedictine next week in Region 3.
10. North Murray (8-1, 7-0) beat Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe 31-0 in Region 6.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.