Since the world’s busiest airport is the primary gateway for Atlanta air travel, the experience matters.
The top-ranked airport was San Diego International, while Phoenix Sky Harbor came in 2nd.
The worst U.S. airports in the ranking include several that may be familiar to many travelers: Fort Myers’ Southwest Florida International, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County, Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International, Orlando International -- and in last place, Chicago Midway.
The secondary airport in Chicago scored low for amenities, long wait times and commute.
New York’s John F. Kennedy International scored highest for amenities.
Best U.S. Airports
1. San Diego International Airport
2. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
3. Portland (Oregon) International Airport
4. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
5. Sacramento International Airport
Worst U.S. Airports
46. Southwest Florida International Airport
47. Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
48. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport
49. Orlando International Airport
50. Chicago Midway International Airport
Source: The Points Guy
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.