FLOWERY BRANCH – After the Falcons’ voluntary passing camp in South Florida today, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan spoke with Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com.
Ryan wanted to get the players together before the start of the offseason program to hold a Peyton Manning-styled voluntary passing camp. The offseason program is set to start on April 18.
Falcons coach Dan Quinn approved of the camp and thought it could be a good bonding experience.
Here are five takeaways from the interview:
1. Cash money: Ryan paid for all of the 27 players to attend the camp.
2. Ryan’s Record: Despite turning 30 and posting a 18-30 record since signing his $100 million contract, Ryan believes that he’s just hitting his stride.
3. Took his sticks: During the free time, Ryan played some golf.
4. Missing Roddy: Ryan gave credit to Roddy White for helping along his development in the NFL. White, the team’s all-time leading receiver, was released.
5. Mack and Sanu: He likes the new free agent additions. He praised Sanu’s strong hands and work ethic. He believes that Mack’s leadership will benefit the offensive linemen.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.