Second quarter: Patriots 3, Rams 0
• Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski made up for his first-quarter miss with a 42-yard field goal with 10:29 remaining in the quarter for the first score of the game.
• The Rams punted on all six first-half possessions and managed just two first downs.
• It was the second-lowest scoring first half in Super bowl history.
Third quarter: Patriots 3, Rams 3
• The Rams finally got on the scoreboard on their ninth possession. Kicker Greg Zuerlein connected on a 53-yard field goal with 4:22 remaining in the quarter. The kick came after quarterback Jared Goff was sacked for a nine-yard loss.
Fourth quarter: Patriots 13, Rams 3
• Patriots running back Sony Michel scored on a two-yard run with 7:03 remaining. The scored capped a five-play, 69-yard drive. Tom Brady completed four passes to set up the score, the biggest a 29-yard completion to Rob Gronkowski.
• The Rams had a potential game-tying drive halted on the Patriots' 4-yard line with 4:24 remaining when Jared Goff was intercepted by the Stephon Gilmore.
• Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski sealed the win with a 41-yard field goal with 1:16 remaining.