Here are five things to know about the Falcons before they start the second day of training camp on Tuesday:
1. Inside or outside?: The fields are soaked from the overnight rain and the team may decide to practice. We're waiting for announcement from the team.
2. Bailey signing confirmed: Falcons coach Dan Quinn confirmed the signing of defensive end Allen Bailey, he's a run-stuff with only 19.5 sacks over his eight year NFL career.
3. Injury report: Falcons safety J.J. Wilcox was lost for the season with a torn ACL and defensive tackle Michael Bennett with a broken ankle, according to NFL Media. Quinn didn't give an injury update to the local media after practice, but said he'd update the fans today. Wilcox, according to a source familiar with his situation, said that he will get a second opinion this week and would not confirm the torn ACL part of the report.
4. Ryan update: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is set to talk to the media after practice today.
5. Controversial guest coach: Controversial former Maryland coach DJ Durkin will serve as a guest coach for the Falcons during training camp.
Position-by-position series: July 8: Special teams | July 9: Safeties | July 10: Cornerbacks | July 11: Linebackers | July 12: Defensive line | July 13: Quarterbacks |July 14: Offensive line | July 15: Wide receivers | July 16: Tight ends | July 17: Running backs
Subscribe to "The Bow Tie Chronicles" podcast with the AJC's D. Orlando Ledbetter on iTunes or on the new AJC sports podcasts page.