Nick Chubb is winding down his collegiate career, and he’ll be remembered as one of the best running backs in SEC history.
Here are five stats that put the UGA senior’s career in perspective:
1. Chubb is second in team history in rushing touchdowns at 46, with a conceivable shot at Hershel Walker’s record of 56.
2. Chubb is the SEC’s fourth-highest leading rusher with 4,522 yards in 44 games. He trails only Kevin Faulk (4,557 in 41 games), Darren McFadden (4,590 in 38 games) and Walker (5,259 in 33 games).
3. Walker won’t be caught in career 100-yard rushing games, sitting at 28 with Chubb at 23.
4. Todd Gurley, whom Chubb proceeded as starting running back, holds the school record with 6.44 yards per rush. Chubb is fourth on that list at 6.34.
5. In career 1,000-yard seasons, Chubb and Walker will finish tied for the school record with three. Chubb did so in significantly fewer carries – 994 to 713 – but Walker vastly exceeded Chubb in all-purpose yards, 5,749 to 4,873, both top-two in school history.