* Kyle Korver made four 3-pointers and is now tied with Chauncey Billups (1,830) for eighth on the NBA/ABA all-time list.
* Jeff Teague finished with 21 points and is averaging 20.6 points over the past five games.
* With six defensive rebounds, Al Horford needs two more to tie Dominque Wilkins for fourth in Atlanta history.
* The Hawks had four scorers in double-figures with Horford (27), Millsap (22), Teague (21) and Korver (16).
* The Magic had six scorers in double-figures with Nikola Vucevic (28), Elfrid Payton (20), Evan Fournier (16), Mario Hezonja (14), Jason Smith (14) and Aaron Gordon (12). Vucevic and Gordon had double-doubles with 13 and 10 rebounds, respectively.
* Korver led the Hawks with a plus-14 rating. Thabo Sefolosha was a minus-21. Hezonja led the Magic with a plus-21.
* In the first half the Hawks starters were 17 of 31 from the field and the bench was 4 of 14.
* Millsap received his All-Star Game jersey in a pre-game presentation.
* Jeff Teague was a finalist for Player of the Week in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics Isaiah Thomas won the award. The Spurs’ LaMarcus Aldridge was honored in the Western Conference.
9 of 18
After the Magic started the game 0 of 11 from 3-point range into the second quarter, they made 9 of their last 18 attempts, including 4 of 8 in the fourth quarter and overtime.
Quote of the game
“We are definitely feeling (the frustration). We are a better team than this. We played too well over stretches of the game to counter that with stretches that are so bad. We are a veteran team now. We need to play with more discipline and more focus.” – Kyle Korver
The Hawks offense was stellar in the early going. They opened up a 20-point lead in the first quarter. They were running, sharing the ball and finishing. The offense lapsed and le the Magic cut their deficit to single digits. The Hawks came out fast in the second half and built an 18-point lead in the third quarter. They lost that lead entirely. They sputtered in overtime.
The Hawks failed to hold those two substantial leads. Teams will make runs in the NBA but good teams hold their big advantages. The Hawks allowed 31 points in the third quarter, 29 points in the fourth quarter and 16 points in the five-minute overtime. The Magic got away from the Hawks from the 3-point line as they needed to help in the post on Vucevic.