Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 105-86 loss to the Magic:
* Terrence Ross, just arrived from the Raptors, led all scorers with 24 points. He was 10 of 15 from the field and 4 of 7 from 3-point range.
* Aaron Gordon had 18 points, including a number of impressive dunks.
* Dwight Howard had 11 points and 14 rebounds for the Hawks.
Howard picked up his third and fourth fouls 32 seconds apart in the second quarter, the last coming with 3:51 left. He didn’t pick up another the remainder of the game.
* Tim Hardaway Jr. extended his career-best consecutive double-digit scoring streak to 13 games with 15 points.
* Howard had one blocked shot to tie Moses Malone (1,889) for 23rd all-time in NBA/ABA history.
* Taurean Prince had a career-high 11 points.
* The Magic held a 27-13 advantage in fast-break points.
* The Hawks were 14 of 26 from the free-throw line. The Magic were 23 of 24. Over the past two games, the Hawks are 38 of 62 from the line, a .613 percentage.
“All of us collectively need to find a way to be better. It’s important that it starts quickly.” – Coach Mike Budenholzer
The Hawks play at the Celtics on Monday.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.