A recap of the Hawks’ 115-111 loss to the Heat Friday:
* The Hawks had a season-high 16 3-pointers, their seventh straight game with double-digit long-range baskets.
* The Hawks had six double-digit scorers in Jeff Teague (23), Kyle Korver (18), Dennis Schroder (16), Al Horford (14), Mike Scott (13) and Paul Millsap (12).
* The Heat had five double-digit scorers with Luol Deng (30), Josh McRoberts (19), Goran Dragic (17), Gerald Green (14) and Justise Winslow (13).
* Kent Bazemore was a minus-10 for the Hawks.
* The Hawks committed 21 turnovers. Dennis Schroder had five and Bazemore had four. The Heat scored 22 points off the miscues.
* Millsap had a game-high 13 rebounds.
Points in the paint for the Heat on 25 of 39 shooting inside. The Hawks had 38 points in the paint
Quote of the game
“I do believe in the character of our group and that they will respond but at some point it has to happen on the court. That character has to come out in the games.” – Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer
The Hawks put up 111 points after a 19-point first quarter. They shot 47.1 percent from the field and 44.4 percent from 3-point range, including 12 of 22 in the second half. The Hawks were not aggressive enough in the second half, going to the free-throw line just one. The 21 turnovers were a big issue.
The Hawks surrendered 115 points. The Heat shot 50 percent of the field and 40 percent from 3-point range. Luol Deng had 30 points and 11 rebounds and Josh McRoberts had 19 points and 10 rebounds for a team missing its three leading scorers. Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague were in foul trouble as the Heat went to the free-throw line 28 times.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.