The Hawks entry in next month’s Las Vegas Summer League is starting to take shape. The roster currently consists of 13 players. More could be added before the tournament begins next month.
The entire draft classes from last year and this year are scheduled to be part of the team, with Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry, Isaia Cordinier, John Collins, Tyler Dorsey and Alpha Kaba currently on the roster.
North Carolina point guard Nate Britt, who wasn’t drafted Thursday, will be part of the team.
In addition, the Hawks team will consist of:
* Josh Magette, a point guard who played in the D-League (recently renamed the NBA G League) last season for the Los Angeles D-Fenders. He was the final cut on the Hawks’ regular-season roster last season.
* Bryce Cotton, a point guard who played last season in Australia. He was with the Hawks in summer league last year and has NBA experience.
* Trent Lockett, a shooting guard who played last season in Spain. He played collegiately at Arizona State and Marquette.
* Duje Dukan, a forward who currently plays in the G League for the Windy City Bulls. He played collegiately at Wisconsin.
* Quincy Ford, a wing who currently plays in the G League for the Salt Lake City Stars. He played collegiately at Northeastern.
* Richard Solomon, a forward who played in France last season. He was with the Hawks in summer league last year.
The Las Vegas Summer League runs from July 7-17. The Hawks are guaranteed five games. They will play three games before the 24-team field is seeded and begins tournament play.
The official roster will be released at a later date.