Five things we learned about the Hawks Saturday:
1. The Hawks added Malcolm Delaney to the injury Saturday afternoon when they listed the backup point guard as questionable with a right ankle injury. He will warm up before a decision is made on whether he will play against the Hornets. Delaney was not one of the two Hawks’ inactive players.
Coach Mike Budenholzer said Delaney has been dealing with the issue for several games. He said if Delaney cannot play, Tim Hardaway Jr. and Kent Bazemore will handle the ball to get the Hawks into their offense.
2. Mike Scott was recalled from his NBA Development League assignment on Saturday after two games with the Long Island Nets. Scott had 23 points against the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Friday.
3. DeAndre Bembry returned to the team after missing Friday’s game due to personal reasons.
4. Dennis Schroder is averaging 21.9 points and 7.8 assists over the past nine games. He has scored at least 15 points in each contest.
5. The Hawks will honor long-time NBA sideline reporter Craig Sager with several tributes Saturday. There will be court projection. A single bagpipe player in full Scottish dress will perform Amazing Grace. Photos and video clips will be played on the overhead scoreboard during the song.
Sager passed away Thursday from leukemia at the age of 65.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.