Here are five quick things to know about the Braves’ final series of the regular season:
• Mets provide the opposition: The Braves will play their NL East rival on the road in their final three games of the regular season (Sept. 27-29).
• Braves vs. Mets in 2019: Atlanta has won 11 of the 16 games and has been assured of the winning the season series regardless of the outcome of this weekend’s games.
• Inciarte likely back in lineup: Outfielder Ender Inciarte is expected to rejoin the team in New York after missing more than 30 games with a hamstring strain.
• Soroka in finale: The Braves bumped starter Mike Soroka’s next start from Wednesday to Sunday, manager Brian Snitker said Tuesday. Soroka’s numbers on the road are far better than any other Braves starter.
• Quest for 100 wins: The Braves currently have 97 wins and could reach 100 for the season if they sweep the three-game series with the Mets.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.