The Braves moved to 7-7 against the National League East champion Nationals with an 8-0 win on Tuesday. It secured their first non-losing campaign in Washington since 2013.
Here’s what’s happening with the Braves on Wednesday:
- Julio Teheran has regained his form. He’s 4-1 with a 2.32 ERA across six second-half starts. His latest outing: Seven shutout innings in D.C. leading the Braves to a win.
- The Braves are 5-3 at Nationals Park this season. They’ve outscored the Nationals 64-39 in those games. Atlanta was 1-19 over the past two seasons in the nation’s capital.
- Luiz Gohara takes the mound tonight for his second major league start. He said expect better results than his previous showing.
- The Braves made a couple of front office moves, including hiring an assistant general manager from the Mets organization.
- Matt Adams is battling a hamstring injury. He was removed from Sunday’s game after hitting a double. Braves manager Brian Snitker will take it by the day.