Here are five things to know about the Braves on Friday:
- Riley remains hot: Austin Riley homered in his first major-league game Wednesday and added three hits in his second game, Thursday’s 10-2 victory over the Cardinals. The 22-year-old had an RBI and scored two runs in Thursday’s win.
- Milwaukee comes to town: The Braves will host the Brewers in a weekend series at SunTrust Park (Friday, 7:20 p.m.; Saturday, 7:15 p.m.; Sunday, 1:20 p.m.)
- Fried to start series opener: Lefthander Max Fried (5-2), tied for third in the National League with five victories, will start tonight against Milwaukee’s Jhoulys Chacín (3-4).
- Headed back to West Coast: More late-night baseball for Braves fans next week as the team heads back to California for four games against the Giants (Monday-Wednesday, 9:45 p.m.; Thursday, 3:45 p.m.). Check out the complete schedule.
- Today in Braves history: Walt Weiss had two hits and a pair of RBI and Kevin Millwood pitched seven innings of a 2-1 victory over the Pirates on May 17, 1999.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.