1. Catholic bishops on 'religious liberty' fight: Communication needed more than legislation. The fight over same-sex marriage and ‘religious liberty’ legislation has echoed through the state Capitol for three years now. [Read more]
2. Prince tickets sold out at Fox Theatre. Prince loyalists stormed social media earlier today to vent their frustrations about the process of buying tickets through the Fox Theatre’s ticketing site. [Read more]
3. Police: Katt Williams back in custody, held without bond. The embattled comedian was arrested at his home for his involvement in a fight with a teenager that took place last week in Gainesville, Nicole Bailes, a spokeswoman for the Hall County Sheriff’s Office, said in an email. [Read more]
4. Police: Gwinnett teacher fired gun during breakup. Gwinnett County schoolteacher fired a gunshot that nearly hit a neighbor during the teacher’s romantic breakup, Channel 2 Action News reported. [Read more]
5. Two Georgians among 61 drug dealers granted shorter sentences. President Barack Obama granted commutation of sentences Wednesday to 61 federal inmates, including two from Georgia, the White House announced. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.