1. Traveling anywhere in the Peach State this Memorial Day weekend? The Georgia Department of Transportation has some good news for you. [Read here]
2. New Montana rep apologizes to reporter he allegedly ‘body-slammed.’ Republican Greg Gianforte, the newly-minted representative-elect for Montana’s at-large congressional district, apologized to the reporter he allegedly assaulted here. [Read here]
3. Another bad day for Bartolo Colon in Braves loss. A bad throw contributed to one run scored against Bartolo Colon. Some bad luck influenced another. But misfortune had little to do with the three-run homer Adam Frazier smashed against the Braves right-hander. That shot in the second inning turned a leak into a flood that sank Colon and the Braves early during a 9-4 defeat Thursday. [Read here]
4. GBI: Nursing assistant intentionally broke 98-year-old’s leg before she died. A nursing assistant faces aggravated battery charges after officials say he intentionally broke the leg of a 98-year-old woman, who later died during surgery. [Read here]
5. Get ready for a warmup. Metro Atlanta’s in for a warmup and a high in the 80s. Currently, the temperature is 57 degrees. A high of 83 degrees is forecast for Atlanta, and it’s expected to get even hotter Memorial Day weekend. [Read here]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.