1. Traveling anywhere in the Peach State this Memorial Day weekend? The Georgia Department of Transportation has some good news for you. [Read here]
2. New Montana rep apologizes to reporter he allegedly ‘body-slammed.’ Republican Greg Gianforte, the newly-minted representative-elect for Montana’s at-large congressional district, apologized to the reporter he allegedly assaulted here. [Read here]
3. Another bad day for Bartolo Colon in Braves loss. A bad throw contributed to one run scored against Bartolo Colon. Some bad luck influenced another. But misfortune had little to do with the three-run homer Adam Frazier smashed against the Braves right-hander. That shot in the second inning turned a leak into a flood that sank Colon and the Braves early during a 9-4 defeat Thursday. [Read here]
4. GBI: Nursing assistant intentionally broke 98-year-old’s leg before she died. A nursing assistant faces aggravated battery charges after officials say he intentionally broke the leg of a 98-year-old woman, who later died during surgery. [Read here]
5. Get ready for a warmup. Metro Atlanta’s in for a warmup and a high in the 80s. Currently, the temperature is 57 degrees. A high of 83 degrees is forecast for Atlanta, and it’s expected to get even hotter Memorial Day weekend. [Read here]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.