A 90-year-old South Florida man is taking his fight to feed the homeless to court.
Arnold Abbott was cited three times by the city of Fort Lauderdale for feeding homeless people on the beach.
An ordinance passed last month, which requires Abbott to have a permit and bathroom if he wants to feed the men and women.
But the World War II veteran said he's been feeding people every Wednesday since 1991.
"I spent two and a half years in a combat infantry in combat in World War II. I knew what I was fighting for then, I know what I'm fighting for now," Abbott said.
Abbot was first prevented from feeding the homeless back in 2000. He took the city to court then and won the right to continue feeding them.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.