Former President George HW Bush’s funeral is set for Wednesday in the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C., and a Bush family spokesman have released a list of some of the high-profile guests who have been invited.
Former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, former Sen. Alan Simpson of Wyoming, historian Jon Meacham and former President George W. Bush will speak at the funeral.
Among those expected to attend are:
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump
- Former President Barack Obama and former first lady Michelle Obama
- Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Former President Jimmy Carter and former first lady Rosalynn Carter
- Susan Ford Bales, daughter of late President Gerald Ford
- Tricia Nixon Cox and Edward Cox, daughter and son-in-law of the late President Richard Nixon
- Luci Baines Johnson and Ian Turpin, daughter and son-in-law of the late President Lyndon Johnson
- Lynda Johnson Robb and Sen. Charles Robb, Johnson’s daughter and son-in-law
- Chelsea Clinton
- King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan
- Australian Governor General Peter Cosgrove and Lynne Cosgrove
- Polish President Andrzej Duda
- Former Polish President Lech Walesa
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Former Mexican President Carlos Salinas
- Former UK Prime Minister John Major and Norma Major
- Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, prince of Bahrain and personal representative of the king of Bahrain
- Former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda
- Former Emir of Qatar Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
- Former Portuguese President Anibal Vaco Silva
- Former Estonian President Toomas Hendrik Ilves
- Former Kuwaiti Prime Minister Nasser al-Mohammed al-Ahmed al-Sabah
- Former Premier of Bermuda John Swan
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.