- Customer tries to return coat, store's response shocks her
- Man goes to store for barbecue sauce, leaves with $1 million
- Mark Cuban's advice to the eventual Powerball jackpot winner is the sanest thing you'll read all day
- Children's cold syrup recalled
- Video shows Waffle House employees doing hair with restaurant equipment
Texas police officers helped a man hit the jackpot this week when he fell into a hole while he was on his way to buy a lottery ticket.
The 67-year-old, whose name was not released, left home in the daytime to buy a ticket but hadn't come back in the evening, his family said.
They alerted Fort Worth police officers who went in search of the man.
An officer found the man laying in cold water inside a 7-foot deep construction hole. The officer jumped in to provide the man help and called for assistance.
As for hitting the jackpot, the man benefited from the officers' quick thinking and dedication which was the biggest lottery win of all, the family said.
About the Author
Credit: Bob Andres, email@example.com