- What started as a father-daughter dance turned into quite the scene at this girl's quinceañera
- Judge Joe Brown turns himself in to serve jail sentence
- Get $25 in cash or $50 in Starkist tuna as part of settlement
- 4 things to know about the deputy shooting in Houston
- Twins pretend to sleep after hearing mom on the baby monitor
The Virginia Tech Athletics Department have announced in a statement that they will honor Alison Parker and Adam Ward, the two television journalists who were shot and killed during a live broadcast last week, by placing a custom sticker on football players' helmets.
The sticker will feature the number 7 for WDBJ-7 and teal and maroon ribbons with the initials of the victims.
According to the statement, teal was Parker's favorite color, and the maroon ribbon will represent Ward, who graduated from Virginia Tech in 2011.
The Virginia Tech football team will wear the stickers on their helmets for the season opener game against Ohio State on Labor Day.