The Food and Drug Administration has announced a tattoo ink recall.
The FDA said the six types affected by the recall came from different manufacturers and are contaminated with microorganisms.
The contamination could cause serious injuries and infections with symptoms that include rashes or lesions where the ink was injected.
The inks under the recall include:
- Scalpaink SC basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink PA basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink AL basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Dynamic Color, black tattoo ink, manufactured by Dynamic Color Inc., lots 12024090, 12026090.
- Solid Ink, Diablo (red) tattoo ink, manufactured by Color Art Inc. lot 10.19.18.
Consumers are being told to ask their artists what inks they use before getting a tattoo. Tattoo studios are being told to not use the products under the recall.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.