With a surreal and unprecedented presidential campaign underway, counties around Georgia are preparing for a strong turnout on Election Day.
Why wait and brave the lines on Nov. 8?
The county has a number of options for early voting, which runs in DeKalb from Oct. 17 to Nov. 4.
Where can I early vote in DeKalb County?
During the early voting period, voters can cast ballots at three locations:
- Central DeKalb: The Voter Registration and Elections Office (which has designated areas for seniors and disabled residents), 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- South DeKalb: The Gallery at South DeKalb Mall, 2801 Candler Road, Decatur. Open 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- North DeKalb: Tucker Recreation Center, 4898 LaVista Road, Tucker. Open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Can’t make it? There are more early voting options.
When do the polls open and close in DeKalb?
From Oct. 31 to Nov. 4, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays, voters can cast ballots at:
- Chamblee: Chamblee Civic Center, 3540 Broad Street
- Atlanta: Coan Recreation Center, 1530 Woodbine Avenue SE
- Brookhaven: City Hall, 4362 Peachtree Road NE
- Decatur: Clark Harrison building, 330 W. Ponce de Leon Ave.
- Dunwoody: Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road Dunwoody
- Stone Mountain: Berean Christian Church Community Center, 2440 Young Road
- Stonecrest: Stonecrest Library, 3123 Klondike Road, Lithonia.
Here are Sunday voting opportunities:
On Sunday, Oct. 30, the Voter Registration & Elections Office, in the Gallery at South DeKalb Mall, and the Chamblee Civic Center are hosting early voting from noon to 5 p.m.
Not sure if you're registered to vote? This link should help. ---
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.