Looking for a great place to live in Atlanta? You may want to take a look at this town that's breaking suburban stereotypes.
The Huffington Post named Roswell as one of the most "surprisingly, genuinely cool" suburbs in the country. Aside from Coral Gables, Fl., Roswell is the only Southern suburb to be recognized.
What makes a city like Roswell so cool? According to the Huffington Post, places like Bulloch Hall, Canton Street in the historic district, Mill Village and the Ann Jackson Gallery makes this north Fulton suburb a place unlike any other.
Here are seven more reasons Roswell is one of the hottest suburbs around.
1. Roswell is all about community. Alive after Five, a block-style party, is held on the third Thursday evening of each month, from April to October. Roswell also has plenty of family-friendly festivals in the spring and summer.
2. Roswell celebrates diversity. Roswell Roots, one of the best celebrations of black history and culture, takes place every February.
5. Roswell residents like the great outdoors. The city has a total of eighteen public parks and borders the Chattahoochee River.
6. Get your drink on! The city hosts an annual beer festival and just got their first craft brewery this year.
7. It's great for families. Roswell is a top choice for new families looking to balance work and life.
What are some more reasons to love Roswell?
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.