Help gardens, fish and yourself by bringing your unadorned embodiment of yuletide cheer to the following locations (call ahead for times and dates, but most are receiving Jan. 4):
• Live Thrive Atlanta’s CHaRM, 1110 Hill St. in South Atlanta
• Sandy Springs Recycling Center, 470 Morgan Falls Road
• Home Depot, 5300 Windward Parkway in Alpharetta
• Home Depot, 2525 Piedmont Road in Midtown Atlanta
• Home Depot, 650 Ponce de Leon Place in Midtown Atlanta
• Home Depot, 5950 State Bridge Road in Johns Creek
• Home Depot, 6400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road in Sandy Springs
• Home Depot, 1580 Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell
Call Davey Tree Expert Company at 770-451-7911 to request mulch and fill out a form online.
READ | After year, Roswell's revamped library set to re-open after New Year's
The city of Milton is also hosting Christmas tree recycling at the following spots:
• Milton High School, 13025 Birmingham Highway, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Jan. 4 in the parking lot closest to Freemanville Road
• Scottsdale Farms Garden Center, 15639 Birmingham Highway, is receiving trees from Dec. 26 to Jan. 4, except for Jan. 1.
• Green Brothers Earth Works, 3445 Francis Road just across the Forsyth County line, is receiving trees from Dec. 27 to Jan. 17, except for Jan. 1.
If you live north of Rucker Road and west of Ga. 400 but don't want to haul a tree yourself, Boy Scout Troop 841 will pick up your tree for a donation of $15 per tree. Those interested should visit www.t841.org/tree and reserve a pick-up slot before 8 p.m. on Jan. 2.
Wouldn’t you like to support our strong journalism? Your subscription helps us cover your communities in a way that no one else can. Visit https://subscribe.ajc.com/hyperlocal or call 404-526-7988 to begin or renew your subscription.
Like North Fulton County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
In other tree news...
Family finds owl in their Christmas tree