Hey, Cobb County, the American elections process isn’t done with your opinion yet.
The county has released the locations and times for residents to vote early in the runoff election.
Headlining the whole affair is the Secretary of State race between Republican Brad Raffensperger and Democrat John Barrow.
During the Nov. 6 election 310,000 ballots were cast during the initial contest that culminated (mostly) on Election Day. That amounts to 64 percent of the county’s registered voters.
Early voting for the runoff will be held from Monday to Friday, Nov. 26 to Nov. 30. The main Cobb elections office will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to cast ballots during those days.
The following locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. each of those days.
• Jim R. Miller Park Event Center, 2245 Callaway Road in Marietta
• East Cobb Government Service Center, 4400 Lower Roswell Road in Marietta
• North Cobb Senior Center, 3900 S. Main St. in Acworth
• Riverside EpiCenter, 135 Riverside Parkway in Austell (Note: This is a new polling place)
• Boots Ward Recreation Center at Lost Mountain Park, 4845 Dallas Highway in Powder Springs
There is no voting Saturday, Dec. 1 or Monday, Dec. 3.
Election Day for the runoff is Tuesday, Dec. 4.
In other political news...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.