Third teen in Clayton wreck dies, taken off life support

A third teenager hit by a vehicle this week in Clayton County died Saturday morning, his family confirmed.

Timothy Aaron, 17, suffered a serious brain injury after the Thursday incident and was taken off life support, his father, Eric Aaron of Stockbridge, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

He was pronounced dead at 10 a.m. at Grady Memorial Hospital, the father said.

Aaron and two other teenagers were walking along Ga. 138 when they were  struck by a vehicle driven by Priscilla Dianne Johnson, 48, of Lithonia.

Antonious "Tony" Bishop, 16, and Octavius Sorrells, 17, died on Thursday. Bishop died along the roadside; Sorrells died after being taken to Grady.

Johnson, 48,  was talking on her cell phone and had taken anti-depressants at the time of the wreck, according to police.

She faces a slew of charges in the case, including two counts of vehicular homicide, driving under the influence, hit and run and obstruction of an officer. She was being held Saturday in the Clayton County Jail, according to jail logs.

Johnson also was charged with driving on a suspended license, driving in the emergency lane, reckless driving, failure to exercise due care while on a cell phone and having no proof of insurance.

A friend of Johnson's told Channel 2 Action News that she was impaired by anti-depressants and on the phone fighting with the man she called her husband when she crashed on Ga. 138, near Stockbridge.

The young men were walking eastbound in the emergency lane along the road  near the intersection of I-675, when they were struck by the vehicle driven by Johnson, according to police. All lanes of Ga. 138 were blocked for several hours Thursday night while officers investigated the wreck.

The family has started a memorial fund for Octavius Sorrels. Donations can be sent to the Octavius T. Sorrells Memorial fund at any Wells Fargo bank.

_ Staff writers Alexis Stevens and Fran Jeffries contributed to this article.