There's a winter celebration so good it could make the Grinch smile. And it's here.
The event runs until Jan. 4.
Below are the top five things you need to know to maximize holiday cheer.
- Don't have a lump-of-coal experience. Because, as magical as it is, the park is closed on Christmas and the day before. The park is open Dec. 26 through Jan. 4 from 2 to 10 p.m. The park hours vary from now until Dec. 23.
- You can't come wearing a tacky sweater only to find out it's not the right day for the Tacky Sweater Party. That'd be silly. Check out the park's events page.
- Come hungry. Unless s'mores fire pits, spiced apple cider, Christmas-inspired funnel cakes and peppermint holiday pretzels don't sound good to you.
- Not every attraction is open. Check out the attractions list, including height restrictions.
- Buy your tickets online. Oh, and, if you think this isn't going to be a one-time thing, then the purchase of a 2017 pass lets you into the park for free the rest of 2016.
- Even Santa needs a map. So plan out the ultimate route with this Holiday In The Park map.
- 7 locations in metro Atlanta and beyond for holiday light shows
Where to go ice skating in metro Atlanta
5 of the South's best Christmas light displays
- Atlanta Christmas Events 2016: Stone Mountain Christmas
- See some of the best Christmas lights at LanierWorld Winter Adventure
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.