Various projects underway this summer include:
• The aforementioned roundabout at Venture and Day drives, work on which is expected to begin in late June. The project is expected to be completed in February.
• At Venture Drive’s intersection with Steve Reynolds Boulevard, a second eastbound through lane will be added and the southbound let turn lane will be extended. The traffic signal will also be replaced.
Constructions is expected to start in late June and be completed by February.
• The Georgia Department of Transportation is extending two lanes at the northbound on-ramp at I-85 and Pleasant Hill Road.
“The merge point on the on-ramp will be pushed further downstream, using existing shoulder space,” officials said. “This initiative will give vehicles more space to merge and reduce the frequency of back-ups extending into the intersection.”
Construction is expected to start in mid-July.
• Sidewalks and streetscape improvements along Pleasant Hill Road between Old Norcross Road and Club Drive are expected to be completed on June 17.
• New sidewalks are also expected to be completed by mid-June along portions of Steve Reynolds Boulevard and Old Norcross Road.