In what should come as a shock to few Cobbers, some of the county’s schools were recently named among the best in Georgia.
Cobb made it as high as the seventh spot in the ranking of Georgia’s 100 best public high schools by Niche, a school and neighborhood review website.
Here are the public schools the ranking recognized:
- 7th, Walton High School
- 12th, Kennesaw Mountain High School
- 18th, Lassiter High School
- 22nd, Hillgrove High School
- 28th, Pope High School
- 30th, Wheeler High School
- 35th, Harrison High School
- 52nd, North Cobb High School
- 56th, Marietta High School
- 78th, Kell High School
- 87th, Sprayberry High School
- 98th, McEachern High School
Etowah High School was Cherokee County’s highest-ranked school at 39.
Of the 100 private schools analyzed, Cobb’s best held the 19th spot. The organiation explained how it ranked private schools, too.
Here are the private schools the ranking recognized:
- 19th, The Walker School
- 37th, The Whitefield Academy
- 40th, North Cobb Christian School
- 48th, Mount Paran Christian School
- 80th, Covenant Christian Ministries Academy
- 89th, Dominion Christian High School
- 99th, Cumberland Christian Academy
You can find information about your school, such as test scores, graduation rates and school climate rating at the Ultimate Atlanta School Guide.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.