Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner, and you know what that means: Pool season is upon us! DeKalb County and its cities operate a number of public pools, which are open from next weekend until Labor Day weekend.
The pools generally offer individual daily admission (for both residents and non-residents), as well as season passes. Here’s the breakdown of the pools run by the county itself as well as DeKalb’s individual cities:
- Browns Mill Family Aquatic Facility: 4929 Browns Mill Road, Lithonia, GA 30038
- Exchange Splash Pad: 2771 Columbia Dr., Decatur, GA 30034
- Gresham Park: 3113 Gresham Road, Atlanta, GA 30316
- Lithonia Park: 2501 Park Dr., Lithonia, GA 30058
- Midway Park: 3181 Midway Road, Decatur, GA 30032
- Medlock Park: 874 Gaylemont Cir., Decatur, GA 30033
— Specific hours of operation for this summer have not yet been announced. Admission to DeKalb’s pools costs $3 for people over 17, $2 for youth aged 3 to 17 and free for children 2 and under. An annual pass costs $45 per person.
- Murphey Candler Park: 1551 West Nancy Creek Dr., Brookhaven, GA 30319
- Briarwood Park: 2235 Briarwood Way NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319
- Lynwood Park: 3360 Osborne Road, Brookhaven, GA 30319
— Pools are open daily from May 25 until Aug. 5, but hours vary each day. A daily pass costs $3 for children, $5 for people 18 to 49 and $1 for people over 50. Visit Brookhaven’s Parks and Recreation website for more information.
- Milam Park Pool: 3867 Norman Rd, Clarkston, GA 30021
— Opened in 2012, Milam Park Pool has four 75-foot-long lap lanes, a wading pool and several other features. This season opens May 24 and goes until Labor Day; hours vary throughout the summer. Admission, which ranges from $2 to $5, is discounted for people with a city of Clarkston residency card.
- Ebster Park Pool: 404 W. Trinity Pl., Decatur, GA 30030
- Glenlake Pool: 1121 Church St., Decatur, GA 30030
- McKoy Pool: 534 McKoy St., Decatur, GA 30030
— The hours at Decatur’s three pools vary throughout the summer and are available on the city’s website. Similar to Clarkston, Decatur residents get a few bucks off the cost of admission, which ranges from $2 to $6.
Flowers Park: 3740 Park Ave., Doraville, GA 30340
— The pool at Flowers Park costs $3 for kids and seniors and $5 for adults. You can enter the pool area off New Peachtree Road and park there. Other than the 25-meter swimming pool, the 4.7-acre Flowers Park features a playground and picnic pavilion.
- Kelley Cofer Park Pool: 4259 N Park Dr, Tucker, GA 30084
— The pool season runs from May 25 until Sept. 2. The facility is closed on Tuesdays for about the first two months of the summer, and closed Monday to Wednesday for the last month. Tucker made a number of changes to the pool this year, including a new splash pad and renovations to the pool deck. Daily passes cost $5 for people 12 and older and $3 for children and seniors.