The draft plan’s recommendations are:
• A Percent for Art program should be created and adopted by the city of Kennesaw to allocate a portion of the budget for city-funded construction projects to fund public art.
• An optional Percent for Art policy for developers, encouraging them to include public art on their sites as part of new construction projects, should be created and adopted by the city.
• Organize community engagement activities to develop themes that express Kennesaw’s identity and serve as guides for art projects.
• Art projects should be selected that express the city’s unique visual identity and support the city’s ongoing efforts to create an economically viable and active Downtown Kennesaw.
• Expand and build a quality collection of public art that earns the city of Kennesaw a national reputation as a vibrant community to live, work and play.
To view the draft master plan, go to KennesawArt.com/copy-of-volunteer-2 or bit.ly/2Ipge3A.
Information: facebook.com/events/2394010780844986, facebook.com/KennesawArt