UPDATE: This story has been updated with extended times for the Publix at Ponce 1001 Ponce De Leon Avenue location. The truck tour will no longer stop at the Publix location at Emory Commons.
Summer isn’t quite here yet, but any time is a good time for ice cream.
Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream kicks off its truck tour in Atlanta with a weeklong visit to Publix stores across the city, the company announced in a news release.
The tour, dubbed Jeni’s Makes Summer Better Truck Tour, will begin 11 a.m. Tuesday at the Publix located in The Peach Plaza on 2900 Peachtree Road.
Its final stops will be at The Shaky Knees Music Festival this weekend at Central Park.
The company will give out free ice cream at each of the Publix locations it is visiting.
The Ohio-based company has four locations in metro Atlanta, including at the Krog Street Market, Westside Provisions, Decatur Square and The Avalon.
The tour will make its stops at the following locations:
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tuesday – Publix at The Peach on 2900 Peachtree Road
- 1:30 to 3 p.m., Tuesday – Publix at Town Brookhaven on 104 Town Blvd. Ste. A100
- 4 to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday – Publix at Ansley Mall on 1544 Piedmont Avenue
- 12:30 – 4:30 p.m., Wednesday - Publix at Ponce 1001 Ponce De Leon Avenue
- Friday to Sunday, The Shaky Knees Music Festival at Central Park
MORE ATLANTA NEWS:
In other news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.