Gwinnett County will have more than two weeks of early voting for the Georgia presidential primary.
Voters will be able to cast ballots first at the Gwinnett Voter Registrations and Elections Beauty P. Baldwin Building. Early voting begins at the county election office at 7 a.m. March 2.
The Gwinnett Voter Registrations and Elections Beauty P. Baldwin Building is located at 455 Grayson Highway, Suite 200, in Lawrenceville.
Ballots can be cast at that location from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week from March 2 until March 20. On March 9, the county opens seven additional satellite locations to cast ballots. These locations across Gwinnett County will also be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week, and ballots can be cast between March 9 and March 20. The satellite locations are:
• Bogan Park Community Recreation Center, 2733 N. Bogan Road, Buford
• Dacula Park Activity Building, 2735 Old Auburn Ave., Dacula
• George Pierce Park Community Recreation Center, 55 Buford Hwy., Suwanee
• Lenora Park Gym, 4515 Lenora Church Road, Snellville
• Lucky Shoals Park Recreation Center, 4651 Britt Road, Norcross
• Mountain Park Activity Building, 1063 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain
• Shorty Howell Park Activity Building, 2750 Pleasant Hill Road, Duluth
All locations will be using new voting machines that include touchscreens and printed paper ballots. Voters can try out the machines at the Gwinnett Justice and Administration Center on March 2.
The county considered extending the early voting period to three full weeks for 2020, but decided not to extend the timeline for the presidential primary. Voters could see a longer early voting period in May, when all other Georgia primary elections are held. The extension has been promised for the November general election.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.