Cobb County PARKS’ staff will host a second round of public input meetings during July and August to discuss planning for new properties purchased through the 2008 PARKS Bond program.
Although there currently is no funding for the development of these properties, community input will play “a vital role” in planning for future development once funding is identified, according to a county statement.
There will be a separate meeting for each of the six properties purchased in Districts 1, 3 and 4.
Below is more information about the meetings:
- Anderson property / District 1. 6:30-8 p.m. July 18. West Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs.
- Price property / District 1. 6:30-8 p.m. July 31. West Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs.
- Kemp property / District 1. 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 5. West Cobb Senior Center, 4915 Dallas Highway, Powder Springs.
- Ebenezer property / District 3. 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 7. Noonday Baptist Church (sanctuary), 4121 Canton Road, Marietta.
- Henderson property / District 4. 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 8. South Cobb Community Center, 620 Lions Club Drive, Mableton.
- Old Westside property / District 4. 6:30-8 p.m. Aug. 12. Ron Anderson Recreation Center, 3820 Macedonia Road, Powder Springs.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.