Gymboree is expected to close all of its remaining stores, including 13 in metro Atlanta, as part of a new bankruptcy filing, according to media reports.
The company previously declared bankruptcy in 2017, closing 450 stores, including locations in Atlanta, Kennesaw and Duluth. The metro Atlanta locations now believed to be on the chopping block are:
• Lenox Square, 3393 Peachtree Rd. NE, No. 4060, Atlanta
• Perimeter Mall, 4400 Ashford-Dunwood Rd, Space 1610, Atlanta
• The Avenue East Cobb, 4475 Roswell Rd., Suite 930, Marietta
• The Forum on Peachtree Parkway, 5155 Peachtree Pkwy, Suite 323, Norcross
• Avenue at West Cobb, 3625 Dallas Hwy., Suite 450, Marietta
• Avalon, 4140 Avalon Blvd., Alpharetta
• The Shoppes at Webb Gin, 1350 Scenic Hwy., Suite 616, Snellville
• Sugarloaf Mills, 5900 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Suite 585, Lawrenceville
• Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Dr. No. 1082, Buford
Stores in Dawsonville, Douglasville and Cumming are also expected to close. Gymboree has not yet commented on the bankruptcy reports.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.