Three people were displaced from a Suwanee home after it suffered “extensive” damage in a Thursday fire, Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said.
The fire was reported around 1:38 p.m., and firefighters arrived at the Belmont Creek Pointe home five minutes later. The person who called 911 was a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the home, the fire department said.
There were no injuries reported.
The fire had started in the garage of the two-story home. Nobody was home, so firefighters had to force their way in. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames before they spread to other parts of the home. The home did suffer “extensive” smoke damage across both floors, however.
The fire appeared accidental and was likely caused by “smoking materials” in the garage, according to a fire investigator.
Stay up to the minute with breaking news on Channel 2 Action News This Morning
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.