A Lawrenceville home was damaged by a fire Tuesday afternoon after a resident left food unattended on the stove, Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said.
Firefighters responded to the two-story home on Woodburn Lane at 12:54 p.m. Flames had damaged two stories and reached the attic on the back corner of the home, according to the fire department.
No one was injured in the fire, and the person cooking was alone at home at the time. Four adults and two teenagers were displaced.
This is the fourth fire reported by the department in the past week.
A Saturday evening blaze displaced seven people in Lawrenceville. U.S. 78 was shut down in Snellville for hours while crews battled a fire at a vacant home in the early hours of Monday, Nov. 26. Another Monday morning fire displaced five people and killed a pet rabbit in Lawrenceville.
In other news:
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.