Reward yourself with a free sweet treat after the stress of filing your taxes.
Kona Ice is offering free shave ice from trucks across metro Atlanta on April 15, the day federal and state taxes are due to be filed. The trucks will be parked at stores, parks and other public spaces for the company’s “Chill Out Day,” an annual tradition of giving away shaved ice on Tax Day.
The metro Atlanta locations and times are:
• Cricket Cell Phone Store, 1143 Euclid Ave. N.E., Atlanta, from noon to 2 p.m.
• Sears Outlet, 2301 Mountain Industrial Blvd., Tucker, from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.
• Walmart, 3435 Centerville Highway, Snellville, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Cherokee County Senior Service Center, 1001 Univeter Road, Canton, from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Adams Park, 2600 Park Drive, Kennesaw, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Lilburn City Hall, 340 Main St., Lilburn, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• The Tabernacle, 152 Luckie St. N.W., Atlanta, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Nothing is required in order to get the free shaved ice — just show up and ask for your favorite flavor.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.