READ | Fulton denies $23M COVID-19 jail isolation units amid protests
Ferdinand said they will be providing masks to people should they need one. There will also be temperature checks, hand sanitizer, cashiers wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and reinforced barriers between workers and the public.
“In case they have crowds, we’ll have people working the lines,”
He said workers will be going down the lines entering personal information into the system so it’s a shorter wait at the desk — similar to Chick-fil-A workers with iPads taking orders in a drive-through line.
READ | Fulton staff to stay at home longer, library damaged in protest
Ferdinand said the county is setting up tents and chairs and water to make waits easier.
He said it’d be easier for everyone if those who simply need to renew their vehicle registrations do so at the 11 kiosks (listed below) around the county. There’s one at all six tax commissioner offices and inside seven Krogers.
Instead of waiting in a line, he said it takes 60 seconds at a kiosk as long as the resident has a current emissions test and their insurance information.
“I hope not to see many people with just a renewal,” Ferdinand said.
Here are the 11 kiosk locations:
• Fulton County Government Center
141 Pryor St. SW in Atlanta, Ga. 30303
• North Fulton Service Center
7741 Roswell Road NE in Sandy Springs, Ga. 30350
• Greenbriar Mall Service Center
2841 Greenbriar Parkway, Suite 106 in Atlanta, Ga. 30331
• South Fulton Service Center
5600 Stonewall Tell Road in College Park, Ga. 30349
• Fulton County Customer Service Center at Maxwell Road
11575 Maxwell Road, Alpharetta, Ga. 30022
• Kroger, 2685 Metropolitan Parkway SW, Atlanta in Ga. 30315
• Kroger, 227 Sandy Springs Place in Sandy Springs, Ga. 30328
• Kroger, 3330 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30305
• Kroger, 800 Glenwood Avenue SE, Atlanta, Ga. 30316
• Kroger, 725 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, Ga. 30306
• Kroger, 10945 State Bridge Road, Alpharetta, Ga. 30022
The county's chairman has announced the formation of a special election task force.