JD's Bar-B-Que had a small grease fire accident in its smoking pit on Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
Photo: Cobb County Tax Assessor's Office
Photo: Cobb County Tax Assessor's Office

Cobb fire: Small grease fire catches in smoking pit of barbecue joint

An Acworth barbecue restaurant dealt with a small flare-up in its smoking pit Wednesday.

The fire was caused by grease catchings accidentally falling into the pit, Cobb County fire spokesman Lt. Dan Dupree told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Wednesday.


READ | The first Culver’s in Cobb has opened 

READ | A Costco near the Cobb-Cherokee line is opening soon


The spill at JD’s Bar-B-Que, 4424 S Main St., happened about 11 a.m., Dupree said.

Firefighters were there less than an hour, and damage was contained to the smoker.

A manager at JD’s declined to comment when called Wednesday afternoon.


Like Cobb County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter


In other news...

Tour Buses Banned From 'Full House' Residence In San Francisco

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X