A Burger King franchisee is helping eight Cobb County high school seniors have it their way as they move on to the next phase of education.
GPS Hospitality, which runs 377 homes of the Whopper, gave as many $1,000 scholarships as stores to students throughout the country.
The money comes from a fund named after the late Burger King co-founder James “Jim” W. McLamore.
Scholarship recipients were selected for their grade point average, extracurricular activities, community service and work experience.
The recipients are:
• Heather Hall, Harrison High School
• Alexis Mitchell, Kennesaw Mountain High School
• Braxton Simpson, Marietta High School
• Samuel Yalew, Mount Paran Christian School
• Connor Flagel, Walton High School
• Jeremy Mix, Walton High School
• Caterina Rossie, Walton High School
• Kaylen Xie, Walton High School
In other news: